Diagonal Decking Installation
How to install Hyperion® composite decking in a diagonal orientation
- Recommended joist centres for diagonal installation are 250mm.
- It is also recommended that you add 15% extra material when building a diagonal deck as you will generate more scrap from cutting.
Diagonal decking installation
Install the central board
Place the central board first; ensuring to place the board at a 45° angle.
- Install 1 hidden fastener each time the board crosses a joist.
- Always use hidden fasteners to secure board ends.
- Use 1 fastener per board end at butt joints (never share a fastener across 2 board ends).
- Use a mitre square to ensure an exact 45° angle.
Install the remaining deck boards
After laying the central board, progressively place each board outward toward the subframe corners.
- Boards offcuts can be kept and used for finishing the corners.
- Allow a slight overhang over the edge of the substructure.
Trim the overhang
Once all boards have been fixed in placed, trim the deck board overhang with a circular saw.
Finish the deck
Complete the deck with an edge finishing.