NEED ANY HELP
To help you create the perfect space we have created a range of helpful tools and services, including free phone consultations and support.
If you need help at any point from concept to installation, from small residential to large commercial projects, we offer a free design and build quotation service, and can advise the best use of our products.
Call us on +353 1 447 0406 or Email us at email@example.com
Residential & Self Build
Whether your deck is for the garden, around a poolside, on a balcony or caravan decking, we have a range of tools to help with your installation:
- Quick & easy online composite decking calculator
- Free downloadable installation guide
- Handy tips & tricks to help you through the installation
For your Free same day quotation, call us on +353 1 447 0406 or Email a sketch or plans to firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial, Installers & Designers
Hyperion Decking has been installed in a variety of commercial spaces due to the low maintenance, durable and non-slip material. In addition, with the ever increasing requirement for sustainable building materials, Hyperion Decking is the perfect choice for your space.
- Full technical data sheets available to download
- Expert team on hand to help with project
To discuss your commercial installation, please call the team +353 1 447 0406 or email email@example.com
- Create a detailed plan to ensure you order enough material, you don’t want to have to pay for multiple deliveries – plus it will save time when building your deck
- When calculating materials required, add on 5% extra for wastage
- For diagonal decking areas add on 15% extra material due to higher wastage
Storage & Handling
- Store boards flat and covered, supported at 50cm intervals
- Handle boards with care, picking up and placing rather than sliding and dumping - it’s easier to carry boards on their edge
- Once the deck's location has been decided, the deck can be positioned using a simple surveying procedure, the 3-4-5 Rule. Stake a line 4m long parallel to the house wall or surface you want the deck to run straight with. One end will be stake A, the other stake B. Connect a second line to stake A, run it perpendicularly to a point 3m away, and attach the line to stake C. The corner will be square when the distance between stakes B and C is 5m. Once you are certain the corner is square, use stakes and string to complete the outline of your deck. Accuracy is extremely important
- Make sure the surface your deck is laid on is level and sturdy with good drainage, you don’t want any flex in the substructure
- Ensure you have joists supporting your deck spaced no more than 30cm apart and that you have doubled up joists for butt joints across the deck
- Pre-drill 3mm pilot holes for Hyperion Decking Secure Screws in all composite products (for different screws ensure the pilot hole is the width of screw shank)
- To save time, use a smart bit, with drill bit and countersink in one
- Always gap boards and joists correctly, refer to our installation guide for advice
- Use Hyperion Decking Starter Fasteners to line up your first board perfectly and quickly, then all the rest will follow
- Use Hyperion Decking Hidden Fasteners for fast and secure installation. This also gives a seamless finish with no visible screws across your deck
- Use a power mitre saw to help speed and accuracy of installation, especially for mitre corners and edges
- When trimming your deck edge, ensuring not to damage your deck boards, you can clamp a straight board to guide your circular saw and leave a crisper edge than the steadiest hand. Measure the distance from the edge of the saw blade to the base plate and position the board to allow any desired overhang. Run your saw along the edge, keeping the saw plate parallel to the decking and tight to the guide. Beauty is in the detail
- And always remember to measure twice, cut once!